forests, some of which have been in our possession since
the 17th century, are managed and cultivated sustainable
and naturally in accordance with the exemplary Edict
by the Duke of Mecklenburg of 1706. In terms of forestry
as part of our family operation this means for all four
districts that we constantly provide optimal quantities
of wood and forest infrastructure services to ensure
the preservation of a balanced natural habitat for a
rich variety of creatures in an appropriate rural and
cultural setting for the public good and the benefit
Forest estates III and IV became part of our business
after the German reunification and are somewhat of a
particular attraction. After the dispossessions in 1945-49
and the escape of the "von Klinggräff"
family, who had been expelled from their estate in Chemnitz
in the region of the Stavenhagen offices, the reunification
merely presented the family as former owners with a
right to "repurchase" their old family estate.
Unhappy about this "constitutional shortcoming"
of our state, this "restitution" all but partly
made up for the past. At first, the family of "Baron
von Loë" acquired the forest estate in Kotzow
on the free property market. After years of negotiations
with the relevant trust company (BVVG) the family brought
forest estate IV Basedow at a reduced price for the
injustice suffered by their ancestors.